[bookport] Re: Just bought a book port

  • From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:11:55 -0600

No, Rick, you're definitely not making a mistake.  Most of us on this list
think the BP is the best reading invention for the blind since the advent of
synthetic speech.  This new BP everyone is talking about is currently little
more than a rumor.  In other words, there will someday be a new incarnation of
the BookPort, but that won't happen for at least a year.  Also, I sincerely
hope you aren't discouraged by all the negative comments regarding the
BookPort's speech.  As we all should know, personal preference is just that,
personal, and everyone has their favorite flavor of synthetic speech, which we
all feel must be defended to the last.  While there are those who strongly
dislike the DoubleTalk and refuse to use it, most of the people I know who have
BookPorts either like the DoubleTalk to begin with, or get used to it.  So,
rest assured that you have made a good and worthwhile purchase in the BookPort.
 I'd stake my dubious reputation on the fact that you'll love it!

Sarah