[bookport] Re: Just bought a book port

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:25:12 -0600 (CST)

You'll find that the combination of APH's own people answering questions and the very knowledgeable list members here makes for an unsurpassed knowledge base from which to draw. I too think the Book Port is an incredible machine and well worth the purchase.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Rick Harmon wrote:

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for that information.  It helps a lot.  Yes you are right, I need
something now for my needs.  I don't want to wait another year.

Nice to see the APH people here actively involved in answering questions.

Rick

=====

Author:
Helen Keller

----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx> To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:19 AM Subject: [bookport] Re: Just bought a book port

Rick:

Certainly, if you are not satisfied with our product, you're free to
return it within 30 days of your purchase. As for knowing if you've made
a mistake, you're the only one who can answer that. Technology is always
changing and being developed. 18 months ago, I bought a cellphone, which
has already been replaced with a better model. However, I knew that
would probably happen when I bought it, but I went ahead and did so,
because I needed a cellphone I could use at that time and didn't want to
wait for the newer and better one.

Any new Book Ports are still in the development stages, so you probably
won't see it for at least another year or 2. So, ask yourself the
following question: Does the Book Port meet my needs, does it do
everything I need it to? If the answer is "Yes," then you've made a wise
purchase.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT American Printing House For The Blind 1839 Frankfort Ave. Louisville, KY 40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/08/06 10:01AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I am new to this list.  I just bought a bookport yesterday.  Am I
making a mistake?  Some of the posts here about issues and a new machine
coming out concern me.

Thanks for any advice.

Rick

=====

My darkness has been filled with the light of intelligence, and behold,
the outer day-lit world was stumbling and groping in social blindness.
Author:
Helen Keller