[bookport] Re: Just a couple of comments.

  • From: Mike Freeman <k7uij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:07:53 -0500 (EST)

I wouldn't want a bass cut. Different strokes ...

Mike

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) wrote:

Hello Phil

I tend to use Keith at about 60 and frequency 8 as my default voice as he is
less bassy than the rest through my headphones.  I quite like Perfect Paul but
he is a bit bassy.  I wonder if APH might consider a bass cut in a future
firmware?  Of course, different people have different listening preferences.

Julia.

    I have had my book port now for three years plus and I am pleased with some
features and wonder about some others. Obviously the navigation in a plain text
book is just wonderful and even in an audio book is not bad. The transferring
of material from the book port manager to ones unit is even strait forward
enough for a computer neophyte like my self. I think I would give book port a
passing grade if I was ask to.

  My only complaint would be the speech engine and I have even gotten kind of
use to that. I do however wonder about the two voices, I think they are called
something like, repeating Robert and echo Eddy, you know the ones. Only
difference I see in them is ones digital repeat is a little faster then the
other. I suppose my question is just this, does anyone really use either of
these voices to read material?
  I have settled on perfect Paul at around pitch 65 that seams to be best for
Me to understand. I would be curious as to what voices others use and at what
pitch.

Thanks for your indulgence, an old curmudgeon who's name is, Phil Parr.