[bookport] Re: Is the book port more then I need

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:04:16 -0400

Christie:

I'm sorry you are upset, however, what you must remember is that it is
impossible for us to know what your needs are and to know which device
(whether it be the current Book Port or the Book Port 2, when it comes
out).  From a Sales standpoint, they can't say, "No, you don't want to
order that because we're going to have a new one later in the year."  We
have to move the current models, too.  We can only answer what we are
asked and tell you what the current model does, so you can then make the
choice if it's right for you or not.

Generally, what I tell people when posed with the question is "Does the
Book Port meet your needs, or is there something else you need it to do
that it currently does not?"  Based on their answer, they can then
decide for themselves.  Often, we're asked about the ability to play NLS
books, which the current model can't do.  So, if that's important, then
I advise them to wait for the next Book Port 2.  However, if they don't
bring it up, I might not think to mention it, as I'm not a Sales person,
but primarily a Technical Support person.

Because the Book Port 2 is still in development, we don't yet have a
price or a time we can give you to purchase the Book Port 2.  Just as
recently as March, they were saying July.  That has now been pushed back
to September, which probably means even later than that.

As with all of our products, we do offer a Customer Satisfaction
guarantee.  So, if it doesn't meet your needs, then you can call
Customer Service and ask for a Return Authorization Number.  Remember a
refund is contengent on whether or not the unit is in resellable
condition and it's also important to remember to return all of the
accessories, too.  One time we had someone get upset because he had
marked his name on it and then decided he wanted to return it.  He had
used a permanent marker (I don't think they ever got it off).  Anyway, I
hope that helps.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> sneek10@xxxxxxxxxxx 05/27/07 08:55AM >>>
Thanks for all the info and advice!  I am shocked to see that a new
model is
coming out in just a few months!  I will call APH on Tuesday and see
what
the cost is going to be and what new features it will have.  I am some
what
upset that this was not mentioned to me when I made my purchase just
last
week.
I am so glad I joined this list!
Many thanks,