[bookport] Re: Is There a Better Way?

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:18:00 -0600

I do not use the particular fire wall that you are talking about, but
all of the other personal (for home use) fire walls that I have
encountered allow you to specify applications whose internet access will
not be blocked.  I believe this is what you would have to do in order to
prevent this problem from reoccurring.  It's not something that APH can
resolve for you, since the problem is that your fire wall is more than
likely attempting to block the action that you are trying to take by
downloading the firmware.