[bookport] Re: Ipod question

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:53:44 -0500

I think you have to use I-Pod supported software. Brian Hartgen has created new scripts for I-tunes that makes it so much more accessible. There is also an accessible program called Anapods to transfer files. (I think that is how you spell it.

At 03:43 PM 9/3/2005, you wrote:

Hello all, I just got an ipod shuffle and I have a question. As I was loading both the ipod software and the i-tunes software, I got to a place where the message read something like this. After installing the i-tunes software, you will be unable to ad files on the ipod by in any other way than i-tunes. Now, this made me wonder if I could not load i-tunes and simply copy files from my computer to the ipod without i-tunes software. In fact, the ipod shows up as a drive letter and I can copy files to it. But, I am not sure if I have the hold button on or if, on the other hand, the ipod will not play files you have put on the ipod by simply copying them from your computer. In other words, do I need to load i-tunes in order to get files to my ipod that I can play, or can I simply play the ones I copy via Windows explorer? Thanks for your help on this one. You know, new toys always always present new questions.
Neal

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A