[bookport] Re: Introductory Questions

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:39:46 -0500

If you already had a Bookport, you would know why we think you should get one now. The BP isn't just for playing Audible books and MP3's. When you do buy one, it will change your reading habits. It has mine. I used to be tied to my computer... with almost 2000 books on it. I still have almost 2000 books, but those books are on flashcards, and I carry them around with me. I used to read Audible books exclusively on the computer. When I added an extra account, though, Audible manager would no longer play. It doesn't matter to me, because I now listen to them exclusively on the Bookport. It was the best $395.00 I have ever spent for technology.

At 06:14 PM 7/24/2006, you wrote:

Why not wait? If I'm going to spend the money, why not wait until the new
hardware with its certain changes and improvements is released? If I had to
have the Book Port for work, I'd buy it today. As it is, I am quite happy
with my iPod Shuffle and Creative Muvo. As soon as the new Book Port is
released, I'll buy it, give the iPod to my wife, and retire or sell the
Muvo. I can wait even if the hardware isn't released for a year.