[bookport] Re: Implementation of BP for ten year old

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 00:07:53 -0700

Hi Sandy,
As far as multiple cards go, it is certainly possible to use as many cards
as you want. You probably shouldn't use these cards for other purposes
besides your bookports. I guess the "should" part of is up to you. It might
help to keep him on task if he's only got school books to read.

As has already been said, the recording quality on the bp is really not that
good. It is possible to record notes, and play them on your computer, but
they are stored by date and time so identifying them might be cumbersom,
particularly if the unit loses date and time when batteries are removed as
many are want to do.
As for switching from listening to recording, I don't think it is possible
to pause a recording, switch to the book listen, switch back to the
recording and continue in the same file. Your son will probably end up with
several little files. This would be more frustrating for me.
I may be wrong on this though.

Can your son braille? This might be a better way to take notes while
listening.

Good luck
Rusty

Skype: rustyperez