[bookport] Re: I'm confused

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:01:05 -0800

        The problem is that the transfer tool apparently decodes the mp3 file
into wav format, and then re-encodes it for transfer to the Bookport.  The
size calculation on the file is done on the wav, rather than the mp3, which
makes it think the file is greater than 4GB in size.  If you send the file
as music, it may still index it, and not break it out to wav first, and
thus transfer successfully.
hope that helps.
-Brian
On Mar 3,  2:59pm, "Walt Smith" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: I'm confused
} The difference is that if you simply copy it, it won't be indexed. MP3 files
} are the one file format that can be copied directly to the CF card and
} played on the BP without having to be run through the transfer program if
} the user opts to do so.
}
} Since I _was_ using the transfer program, I'd like to know what the error
} meant. I didn't ask in order to have my motives or actions questioned.
}