[bookport] Re: I tried to kill my Bookport

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:05:16 -0600

But with the Braille & Speak, the serial ports were junk! In all reverence I say, thank God for the Bookport!

At 11:34 PM 3/1/2007, you wrote:
Well, I have to say I have never been quite that hard on my Book Port, but I will admit it has hit the floor more than once, and I think the only access technology hardware that I have ever seen that would take as much abuse as the Book Port was the old Braille 'N Speaks. I had a BNS Classic that got plenty of abuse and kept right on working, and a BNS 640 that got droped hard enough to crack the bottom of the unit, but it still works.

Now, let us hope the new Book Port will be just as tough and sturdy as the current model.