[bookport] Re: How to uninstall BookPort Transfer software according to APH

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:30:51 -0400

Petro:

You uninstall BP the same way you would any other program. You don't
wan to have the Book Port connected, as that is separate.

I'm wondering if some of the problems you're having are related to your
fire wall preventing access to the BP and some of the things you are
trying to accomplish? If that's the case, uninstalling would be a waste
of time.

As far as BP Launcher and Book Port Transfer failing to run, this
sometimes happens, but I'm not sure why. As long as the successes
outnumber the failures, I wouldn't worry too much about that. When it
does fail, you can simply start Book Port Transfer from your Desktop and
it should run. If not, pull the plug and re-connect.

Because Book Port Transfer contains dialog boxes, it is normal not to
see the icons on the desktop, when running.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx 09/23/05 10:08AM >>>
To APH:

Do you uninstall the BP Transfer application with the BP device
connected to the USB or disconnected.

What is your recommend steps for this uninstallation and then
reinstalling the BP Transfer application again.

Will I lose my RFB&D key by uninstalling or is the key - finger
print still on my computer?

I also need the BP Transfer .exe file download website page URL.

Thank you.
Petro