[bookport] How to disable two short beeps when BP shifts to idle mode?

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:41:40 +0100

I quote from the manual:

"Book Port emits two short beeps when it turns itself off, and you may
use this signal as a means of determining that it is absolutely safe to
remove or change the Compact flash card."

Sometimes I listen to the Book Port through my home stereo system, and
these two short beeps can be very loud and distracting through the
loudspeakers. In addition, I sometimes use the Book Port (in connection
with some portable speakers) to play songs and Audible files for some
classes I teach, and students have complained about these beeps when I,
for example, briefly pause a song.

Of course, I would want to enable the idle-beep function before taking
out the Compact flash card or changing batteries, but most the of the
time I'd rather not hear these beeps.

Could the user elect to disable or enable this function?

Peter