[bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

Canada and the US have a fairly similar copyright act in this respect, so I still keep hoping that eventually the border is opened up for this sort of thing.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The problem, as Walt stated is not the United States, it is the fact
that International Copyright laws are not consistent and they do not
provide for the same exemptions that our laws do when it comes to
producing books in alternative formats.
I can blame the United States for many things, but this ain't one of
them.

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walt Smith Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:14 AM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

It's not just *our* copyright laws, it's the whole topic of international copyright protection in general. U.S. copyright law has absolutely no binding legal effect outside of the United States, just as no other U.S. law does.