[bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:07:33 -0400 (EDT)

I am a bit surprised, and disappointed, that Canada hasn't yet become a
part of the BookShare family.
I would have to believe that our copyright laws are relatively similar
and, hence, shouldn't be a concern to the Benetech legal eagles.
But, I understand that they are exceedingly cautious knowing that they
operate under an exemption in the U.S. copyright law; so they feel
compelled not to take chances which might bring on expensive litigation
and endanger the project.