[bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:44:56 -0400

In my experience the daisy format from Bookshare transfers great to Bookport and with 23,000 books to choose from, I can find plenty to read.

Jim

At 12:25 PM 7/12/05, you wrote:

I don't know why people are buying the big cards.  I suspect most of
them have never had a flash card go flaky or they'd be more careful
about investing in them.  I figure they'll always get cheaper, so even
though one would be nice, no reason to hurry.

I scan many of my books, and get others off of web braille.  Last I
heard you had to use either braille or daisy for bookshare, and they
didn't seem to have much I wanted anyway.  Braille wouldn't be bad,
but daisy text is a solution looking for a non-existent problem and
inconvenient to boot.