[bookport] Re: How Dos APH Ship?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:21:43 -0400

If you are inside the U. S., we automatically ship "Free Matter For The
Blind," unless you ask for an alternative. Outside the U.S., we are not
able to do Book Ports "Free Matter," so it could be anything from Air
Mail, UPS, Parcel Post. Unless you specify for a particular method, they
tend to go with the cheapest method. Since I'm not normally in Sales, I
don't know. Some of those methods can be tracked (such as "UPS," but
some can't (Air Mail). Whoever took your order should have discussed
that with you. Usually, foreign orders do take longer to receive,
because of Customs and such, plus travel time.

If you're concerned, you can contact Marsha Overstreet in our Order
Department at:

502-895-2405, Ext. 278

and she can discuss it with you.

You may get Voice Mail, because there're only a few of us here this
week, so we're spread a little thin.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> water_drinker@xxxxxxxx 07/05/05 11:46AM >>>
I got my invoice a week ago, but the BP itself still hasn't arrived.
Does
APH ship wih insurance, and do they get a tracking number, or is it
buyer
beware, the post office snoozes, you lose?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries):