[bookport] Re: Help with daisy was, Bookshare

  • From: "Wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:28:26 -0600

Bill Stephan
Kansas City, MO
(816)803-2469
Email: Wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
.From: "PAMELA RADER"<PRADER@xxxxxxx>
.Sent: 11/8/05 7:10:54 AM
.To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
.Subject: [bookport] Re: Help with Bookshare
.
.Crystal:
.
.You will need to unpack the book first, then, from within Book Port
.Transfer, send the file with the ".opf" extension. The OPF file will get
.the information from all of the other files. Book Port Transfer will use
.Book Wizard to do that.
.
.
.Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
.American Printing House For The Blind
.1839 Frankfort Ave.
.Louisville, KY  40206
.
.PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307
.
.
.>>> raincrow@xxxxxxx 11/08/05 07:55AM >>>
.Hi,
.I have not used a Daisy book before, either.
.
I'm not sure this is  topical, but I've not used Daisy successfully either,
though I did download a bo9ok once.  What if any, are the advantages to using
Daisy over good ol, BRF files?  When I downloaded the Daisy book, I thought the
reading voice would be different, but it wasn't and I had more trouble
navigating than with a BRF file.  Is there a website somewhere that explains
the advantages of Daisy?

Thanks!

.So, in order to read them on the Book Port, you must select all of
.those
.files, and then send them to the Book Port?
.
.Crystal
.
.