[bookport] Re: Hay, is this list still active?

  • From: Pamela Rader <prader@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:29:38 -0500

Hi:

It's possible.  If you're getting that error on more than one file, it's
probably better to go ahead and reformat the card and start over.  It is always
a good idea not to clutter the root folder.  The memoes folder, help file and
the Notes folder will automatically reside in the root folder.  You can add one
other folder there, call it whatever you want, and then place other folders
witin that folder, so as not to clutter the root.  If the root gets cluttered,
then you will eventually have problems.  It may not seem problematic at first,
but will become more apparent, over time.

As for how many files you can have in a folder, that will vary, depending on
the files themselves and what type they are.  If the files have really long
names, then you don't want to place too many in one folder.  Also, if you use
audio files, you may want to keep about 20 in a folder.  There's no way to give
an exact number--it's mostly trial and error, but key is not to clutter the
root and go from there.  If you find a particular folder becomes sluggish, then
you can move some of those files into another folder.

Hope that helps!

Pamela