[bookport] Re: Hay, is this list still active?

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:34:27 -0500

Hi Ibrahim. Yes, I was thinking of text-based daisy files. I?m so used to
Bookshare daisy files that I sometimes forget that there are audio daisy
files. Our National Library Service doesn?t use daisy, so Bookshare is the
only source of daisy books I have. I?ve gotten used to making files ready
for both my Book Port and Pac Mate. Btw, did you know that Bookshare has
launched sites for the UK and India? I?m always looking for sources for
accessible books and thought you might like to know about this one. The last
time I checked, the UK site has about 8,000 books with global copyright
permissions so far and have another 3,000 to add during the next few months.
The UK site is at http://www.bookshare.org.uk <http://www.bookshare.org.uk/>
if you want to check it out.

Monica Willyard

  _____