[bookport] Re: Hay, is this list still active?

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:29:04 -0500

I think the transfer speed and time are most noticeable if you sit and watch
it. Since I don't like waiting for things, I developed a strategy that works
for me. I queue various things during the day so they'll transfer when I
hook up my device. I start the transfer of these things and my new Audible
books before my morning shower. I do a check and start a second book or
podcast transferring while I dry my hair. My Book Port is ready by the time
I'm ready to walk out the door. I'm relaxed because I'm not sitting there
waiting for it to move along.

I do a session once a week where I add Bookshare books. They transfer
instantly, so it's just a matter of deciding what I want to read. I carry
extra batteries in my purse and like that I can use batteries available at
any grocery store. I'm not thrilled with the concept of using a rechargeable
battery like that of the Stream because I have to remember to plug it in and
can't do anything about it if the battery is low while I'm traveling. It's
already a challenge to remember to plug in my cell phone. I don't want or
need another gadget to keep track of in that way. I guess there are people
who get caught short by not having extra batteries and who would rather have
something to just recharge. I'm the queen of shopping in bulk and almost
never run out of things like batteries. It's too bad there isn't a gadget
that lets you choose to use their battery pack or use normal batteries.

Monica Willyard