[bookport] Re: Hay, is this list still active?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 01:22:19 -0000

Hi John.

Yes, the stream definatly has it over recording with the BC or BP products, but
what really gets to me about the stream is that even though its comparatively
new, what are they doing using USB 1.1?  Also, whilst the rechargeable battery
pack is a benefit, short battery life and the proprietary nature of the pack,
plus its high price and availability from only one company prejudices me
against it considerably.  AA battery can be bought anywhere at any time and as
I travel frequently this is a must have.  I usually use my phone for taking
notes and recording memos when the need arises so am only interested in using
BP as a reading machine.  Incidentally, will bookshare.org users still be able
to use their BP to read the content available to them through bookshare?  I
heard that bookshare recently changed the way in which they distribute files is
all.

All the best, Ibrahim Gucukoglu