[bookport] Re: Has anyone heard of this device?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:31:23 -0500

That is definitely true, too!

At 01:41 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:
I can categorically say that no one in the state of Iowa would get one
of these devices in place of a full fledged note taker.  It's not just
that rehab people want to protect the budget although this is a good
deal of the problem, it's that they no squat about technology, and they
don't make their business to learn!

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sandy Licht Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 1:21 PM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: Has anyone heard of this device?

It seems to me, a lot of rehab councillors simply want to appear to be helpful. Their main job is to protect the budget. I had one who was different, but those are rare, unfortunately.

At 01:15 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:
>Yes, and if I were your friend, I would definitely put up a fight on
that
>one.  The TATI is nothing like a Braille Note or Pacmate.  It is
somewhat
>similar to a VoiceMate, but it has a small qwerty keyboard.  You can
use it
>to jot down notes, phone numbers and addresses, but certainly not at
all
>suitable for graduate work.  The TATI is like a toy compared to a real
note
>taker.  In addition, the TATI will totally loose all of its data if the
>batteries go dead.  Personally, I think the Rehab person that
recommended
>the TATI as a serious tool for anyone going to school should be shot.
The
>TATI sells for about $250 or so and more than likely the small price
tag is
>the only reason it is being forced on someone by the Rehab councilor.
You
>can find more info on the TATI on the Maxi Aids web site.
>
>Your friend definitely needs to go over the Rehab councilors head to
some
>one that knows what they are doing.  There must be someone he or she
can
>appeal to.
>
>It just makes my blood boil when I see this kind of incompetence in a
Rehab