[bookport] Re: Has anyone heard of this device?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:20:33 -0500

It seems to me, a lot of rehab councillors simply want to appear to be helpful. Their main job is to protect the budget. I had one who was different, but those are rare, unfortunately.

At 01:15 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

Yes, and if I were your friend, I would definitely put up a fight on that
one.  The TATI is nothing like a Braille Note or Pacmate.  It is somewhat
similar to a VoiceMate, but it has a small qwerty keyboard.  You can use it
to jot down notes, phone numbers and addresses, but certainly not at all
suitable for graduate work.  The TATI is like a toy compared to a real note
taker.  In addition, the TATI will totally loose all of its data if the
batteries go dead.  Personally, I think the Rehab person that recommended
the TATI as a serious tool for anyone going to school should be shot.  The
TATI sells for about $250 or so and more than likely the small price tag is
the only reason it is being forced on someone by the Rehab councilor.  You
can find more info on the TATI on the Maxi Aids web site.

Your friend definitely needs to go over the Rehab councilors head to some
one that knows what they are doing.  There must be someone he or she can
appeal to.

It just makes my blood boil when I see this kind of incompetence in a Rehab
person that is supposed to have the client's best interest in mind, and not
their agency's pocket book.

Sorry for the rant.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro