[bookport] Re: HELP, HUGE ERRORS

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:42:04 -0400

Don:

Unfortunately, I need a lot more information about the files that were =
being sent. Were they Audible files? Were they MP3 files ripped from CD? =
Were the files large or small?

The best thing to do in this situation would be to try sending each file =
by hand until you get the error. If you don't get the error this way, that =
would also be useful information, though I suspect you will. If you find a =
file that gives the error, I need MP3-specific information about the file =
if you can get it, such as the bit rate, CBR or VBR, sample rate, and any =
other information you can offer.

I suspect the preview issue is separate from the sending issue, but I will =
look into it more.

Rob Meredith

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 08/05/04 11:09PM >>>
APH,

I cued nine mp3 files to be sent to the bp; they had a compression of =3D
1.5 and a time compression of 80%.  Only one file transferred correctly =
=3D
or at all for that matter; as each file was transferring, I kept getting =
=3D
the message:  "compressing time: 100 percent book port transfer bad =3D
parameter format."  I was then placed on an ok button, which upon =3D
hitting it, started the transfer of the next file, only to have the same =
=3D
thing happen again.  I think that after the eighth file, I got the end =3D
of transmission xylophone sound, so I am thinking it lost count and =3D
didn't even try sending the ninth file.

I have a hunch this problem is somehow related to the fact that I =3D
previewed most of these files to see how they would sound with =3D
compression.  I say this because after previewing only a few seconds of =
=3D
most of these files, and closing the software and coming back into it, I =
=3D
could not preview again those files I had previewed before almost as if =
=3D
they weren't reset or something; I don't know if this scenario of having =
=3D
previewed them set them up for transmission failure, but I thought I =3D
would mention just in case.

Don