[bookport] HELP, HUGE ERRORS

  • From: "Barrett, Don" <Don.Barrett@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport (E-mail)" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:09:42 -0400

APH,

I cued nine mp3 files to be sent to the bp; they had a compression of =
1.5 and a time compression of 80%.  Only one file transferred correctly =
or at all for that matter; as each file was transferring, I kept getting =
the message:  "compressing time: 100 percent book port transfer bad =
parameter format."  I was then placed on an ok button, which upon =
hitting it, started the transfer of the next file, only to have the same =
thing happen again.  I think that after the eighth file, I got the end =
of transmission xylophone sound, so I am thinking it lost count and =
didn't even try sending the ninth file.

I have a hunch this problem is somehow related to the fact that I =
previewed most of these files to see how they would sound with =
compression.  I say this because after previewing only a few seconds of =
most of these files, and closing the software and coming back into it, I =
could not preview again those files I had previewed before almost as if =
they weren't reset or something; I don't know if this scenario of having =
previewed them set them up for transmission failure, but I thought I =
would mention just in case.

Don