[bookport] Re: HELP Getting Started

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:26:07 -0500

Eric:

There are 2 updates, one for software and one for firmware. You have to
do both. If your card is too full or your root directory is full and if
your batteries are low, the firmware could have been aborted. This
usually takes place after you've disconnected from the PC.

The Book Port remembers the last folder you were in. If you
accidentally got into the Notes folder or the memoes folder, then it
would say, "There are no files." Press 0 plus * together to get out of
that and get back into your main directory.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/14/05 07:47PM >>>
Well, I got the BookPort today.  Amazing!  But, of course, the simple
and
flawless never are for me.

I inserted the CD and installed the software.  But, each time I try to
do
something, I get the message there is an update and would I like to
install
that.  Sure.  So, it has gone through the process and restarted the
computer, etc., but again when I start the software I am told of an
update
and would I like to install it.

Also, after ignoring the update message, I have followed the tape
instruction how to move files onto the BookPort and I get the same
confirmation tone as on the tape, but when I use Star and Pound to get
files, I get the message There Are No Files.

What the heck did I do wrong?

Thanks for all suggestions!

Eric