[bookport] Re: Guess I'm the only Victor Stream fan here!

  • From: "Constantine" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 20:33:12 -0600

Hi

I have a few notes here. You probably aren't going to like them, but shrug.

1. 4 or 5 hours? Since when? If I listen to audio battery lie goes down by
about 10 hours or so, giving me arounde 50 hours.
2. Rubber keys and battery cover falling off? What, do you drop and abuse the
crap out of the thing? I have none of those problems.
3. I agree that the streams microphone is a good one - I'd go as far as saying
it rivals a voice recorders.
I'm confused as to how you instal sapi 5 voices on the stream, though?
4. Finally, it takes 2 seconds to replace a pair of batteries. You probably
have a defective unit, and yeah you can charge the stream while listening, but
it takes about the same amount of time to replace the batteries in the book
port. Right now, on one single set of batteries, my book port is sitting at
3400 minutes spoken and is at 57 percent battery. Say that about the victor.
Also consider that I've had 3 or 4 hours of audio listening too.
I also agree about the space. But I primarely use the bp for e texts, so its no
big deal to me. For what its worth I like both products. The stream does have
some advantages, but so does the bp.
The stream, for example, has the amazing ability to compress recordings into
3gp files. I have 5 here, ranging from 30 to 300 minutes, on mine, and I have
1.8 gb left. The recordings come out great - just check out
http://wolftech.redirectme.net
under audio files and sound effects

The other thing I hate about the bp is the fact you can't have it in a pocket
because the keys are easily pressed. The stream I can throw in a pocket, and
not worry about the recording being interupted and, worst of all, not saved!
Sure the bp wasn't made primarely for recording - but niether was the stream
and imho the stream does a magnificent job of it.
Its not quite voice recording quality but its very close.

contact details:

email: tcwood12@xxxxxxx

and others
msn: the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100
gb 4500 RPM Hard Drive, connecsant AC-link audio