[bookport] Re: Guess I'm the only Victor Stream fan here!

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 20:44:15 +0100

I'd like to ask more about these SAPI 5 voices please. My other half has a stream, but i don't like the way it reads text, partly because of the voices and partly because it seems to put strange little pauses in where they don't belong. However, if I'm going to be forced into buying a stream when this port breaks down, it would be great to at least have it sounding decent. So, please can you explain to a computer dummy, firstly what are the SAPI 5 voices and where do I get them from. Secondly, when you change the voices on the stream, you seem to have to change the whole update, apart from the new version that has the 2 voices on board. So please could you explain once i have these voices, how do I put them on the stream. please pretend you are explaining to your aged grandmother, then I might have a chance of understanding.

Cheers,
Shell.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Spitz" <peterspitz101@xxxxxxxxxxx>