[bookport] Re: Getting to the System Tray with JAWS

  • From: "Annette Carr" <amcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:34:05 -0400

Hi Kasondra,

To get to the System Tray with JAWS do the following:

1.  Press JAWS Key+F11.
2.  Now you can use your arrow keys to move through the items listed.  In
this case you are looking for the "Safely remove..." item.
3.  Once you find the item you want press the TAB key repeatedly until you
get to the button for the type of mouse click you want to use on this item
4.  Use the spacebar to select the button..  I'm not sure which of the
buttons, single left click, single right click, or double left click you
need to select.  I'm hoping that someone else on this list can add this last
step.
5.  If you open the "System Tray" and decide you don't want it, just press
ESC.

I hope this helps.

Annette