[bookport] Re: Getting the most out of Spider

  • From: "Annette Carr" <amcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:37:45 -0400

Hi Vince,

Let's hope that others on this list come to my rescue and give you a better
explanation then I am about to do.  I've only used Spider a few times and
just beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do and how to make it
do it.

But in a nutshell...Spider lets you capture a web page to download it to
your BookPort.  I cannot explain at this time how this differs from saving a
web page and transferring that to your BookPort.  But when Spider is
installed on your computer, and you have a web page opened, you can Right
click (Application key) and select spider from the menu.  You can now mark a
beginning and ending point on that page for the information you want to send
to your bookPort through Spider.

I'm pretty sure that Spider has much more to offer, and that is what I'm
hoping to learn.

I hope this gives you enough information to go and check out Spider.

Annette