[bookport] Fw: [accessible-devices] Restore Web Braille Petition

  • From: "Doc" <talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:21:46 -0600

We believe some of you may wish to participate in this effort.
You may have already heard that the National Library Service For The Blind
And Physically Handicapped summarily shut down the popular web Braille
service.
The latest advocacy campaign to restore service and bring attention to this
issue is an electronic internet campaign located at:
http://www.RestoreWebBraille.com
The bipartisan campaign, created by Earlene Hughes will be sent to NLS
administrators as well as those in the United States Congress involved in
the provision and oversight of NLS services to the general public.
You are urged to consider signing the petition in addition to any other
advocacy efforts that you have participated in.
You can also read a summary of the Web Braille issue, presented by Chris
Gray, President, American Council Of The Blind at:
http://www.dcnightout.com
Mika Pyyhkala has obtained the
http://www.RestoreWebBraille.com
 internet
domain for use in this advocacy project.
Thank you.

This is an announce only list. Replies to a message on this list will go
only to the moderator.
To unsubscribe from this list, press Enter on the link below. A new message
will popup all ready addressed with unsubscribe in the subject line. Simply
send it that way.
accessible-devices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If the link won't work for you
send a message to;
accessible-devices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Put Unsubscribe in the subject
line.
Remember our Accessible Devices sessions on Sunday at 2:00 PM Eastern.
They'l be
held in the Accessible Devices Event Room. at,
www.vipconduit.com
We provide this information as a service and neither
endorses nor accept any liability for the performance or quality of the
products mentioned on this list.
Be sure to make use of the Accessible Devices Archives, available at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Also .net or .org
To post material to this list send to:
parker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please put Accessible Devices Post in the Subject line.

Home is just a click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/zCsqlB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/