[bookport] Fw: The late Mr Werdon Douglas Anglin

  • From: "kevin" <kevinmulhern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:25:47 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Naomi Parry
To: kevinmulhern@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 3:32 PM
Subject: The late Mr Werdon Douglas Anglin

Dear Mr Mulhern

I do hope that this email finds you well.

I apologise for the delay in writing to say thank you for sending through the
form R185s for each of the charities together with the copy documentation you
have received from the various banks and building societies.  I was hoping that
I would hear from Mrs Winney regarding our queries on the estate accounts and
could therefore respond to you in relation to both matters at the same time.  I
have yet to hear from Mrs Winney however.

Unfortunately, having reviewed the copy documents, it is clear that a large
proportion of the tax included in the R185s is for tax paid during Mr Anglin's
lifetime.  We cannot reclaim this tax and we therefore cannot submit these
forms to the Revenue.  We can only reclaim our share of tax paid during the
administration, that is from 4th January 2008 being the date Mr Anglin passed
away until the date the relevant account was closed.

To try and keep things as simple as possible, we have looked at which accounts
would have paid out a sufficient amount of tax on interest to make it cost
effective to ask you to request further documents from the account holders so
that amended R185s can be prepared.  Please could you kindly request from the
following institutions a tax deduction certificate specifically for the period
between 4th January 2008 to the date the respective accounts were closed:

1. ING Direct - There is no reference to this account in the estate accounts so
we presume it was closed prior to Mr Anglin passing away.  However, if this is
not the case, please can you ask ING Direct to provide a tax deduction
certificate for the period 4th January 2008 to the date the account was closed.

2. Chelsea account number 23122801.

3. Lloyds Instant Access Saver account number 17424468.

I am sorry to have to ask you to contact the account holders again however
without this information we will be unable to reclaim the relevant portion of
tax and direct these funds to our charitable work.

If you would like to discuss this over the phone in the first instance please
feel free to telephone me when I return to the office next Tuesday 9th
November.  Alternatively, if you would like Mrs Winney to deal with this
enquiry along with the information she is preparing regarding our queries on
the estate account please do let me know and I will write to her direct.

With thanks and best wishes,
Naomi

Naomi Parry
Legacy Officer
Member of the Inst.of Legacy Management (Cert)

The Blue Cross
Shilton Road, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4PF

Direct Telephone: 01993 825580
Direct Fax: 01993 825589
Email: naomi.parry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that my hours of work are 8.00am to 4.00pm.  If you require
assistance during my absence please contact a member of the Legacy Team on
01993 825554.

Calling all horse owners - we need you!

Want to take part in a ground-breaking survey to help improve the health of all
equines in the UK? Just 5 minutes of your time during the week of 15-21
November could help The Blue Cross and British Equine Veterinary Association
highlight new trends in equine healthcare. For more info and to register now go
to www.bluecross.org.uk/NEHS.

The Blue Cross (incorporating Our Dumb Friends League) is a company limited by
guarantee (registered in England No. 363197) and has its registered office at
The Blue Cross, Shilton Road, Burford, Oxfordshire OX18 4PF. The Blue Cross is
registered as a charity in England and Wales (224392) and in Scotland (SC040154)

NOTE: Information in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s) and any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of The Blue
Cross. If you have received this communication in error, please return to
sender and note that distribution, copying or use of this information is
strictly prohibited. This e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of
any virus, or any defect which might affect any computer system into which they
are received and opened. No responsibility is accepted by The Blue Cross for
any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.