[bookport] Re: Fustrated

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:51:42 -0400

Catalina:

That's right.  When you open Book Wizard Reader, you will get that box,
because the  version of Book Wizard is a demo version.  That's why I
explained in my previous email not to open Book Wizard when trying to
register RFB&D keys, to avoid confusion.  Anyway, when sending books to
the Book Port, you want to open Book Port Transfer, because that's the
program to work with for Book Port.

Try doing a Reset with 2 plus b on the Book Port and connect again.  If
the program doesn't launch automatically, then disconnect and reformat
the card.  The command is 1 plus 3, plus d plus f.

Then try reconnecting.

Have you been able to transfer anything else?

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> catroi@xxxxxxx 09/02/06 04:33PM >>>
Hi to the list:

I got the software registered with RFB and D and now when I open the
program
it's telling me that it's a demo copy. I don't get it. shiesh. I was
hoping
to learn how to use the book port and have my books transfered to the
unit
before school started. HELP!

Catalina and Tristan
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter
and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss