[bookport] Re: Folder and File Management

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:13:48 -0400

Dale:

I wouldn't put much more than 15 or 20 files in each folder. I would =
generally make sure that all files are in some folder besides the root. =
(This is not as important if your files have short names, and you are not =
sending a lot of them.)

Book Port Transfer will create the default folder if it does not exist. =
This allows you to switch cards without worry.

You can delete files from either the software or the device; there isn't a =
difference.

Rob Meredith

>>> drlieser@xxxxxxx 04/09/04 02:44PM >>>
Hello Everyone,

Still using the 64MB card supplied with the Book Port, What are some
recommendations regarding how many folders to have, approximately how many
files in each, etc.?

Also, in reference to the default folder, will the transfer software =
create
that automatically, based on the name I type in, or is that field meant =
for
simply informing Book Port which of the existing folders to use?

And, one more thing:  In the current versions of the soft- and firmware, =
is
it best to delete files from the unit itself, or is using the transfer
software of equal or better benefit?

Thanks for your help.

Dale