[bookport] Re: Firmware still trashed, and I do need help!

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:29:19 -0500

Does the Book Port still get recognized by your computer?

If so, try re-installing the firmware.

What version does the software report for your firmware.  You may =
determine this by pressing Alt+A while in the transfer software with your =
device connected.

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxx Monday, February 14, 2005 9:20:12 AM >>>
When I installed the beta firmware Saturday, everything went haywire.  =
When=20
I press the 1 and 3 keys to lock the Bookport, it says: IE read=20
error.  When I press those keys again, I get the message: error saving=20
voice recording.  The keys do lock and unlock it.

When I press 0 for "settings", I cannot scroll through the different=20
menus.  If I press 8 at all, the Bookport freezes and says, "TTS lock =
up=20
error.  Firmware condition N."

I have reformatted the flash card, changed out the batteries, left them =
out=20
of the unit overnight.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled the=20
software.  The Bookport will read, but there is no way to set anything.

Please help!

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a =
hope.=20
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in =
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the=20
LORD...  =20