[bookport] Firmware & Software Upgrades Questions

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

OK I have never done a firmware & software upgrade on the Book
Port so I have some questions.

Question #1:  My brain tells me I should do the firmware upgrade
first. Is this correct? Then do the book port transfer software
upgrade? Is this correct?

Question #2:  My brain tells me I should keep a lot of free
space on the compact flash card. Right?

Question #3:  Use a fresh set of batteries when doing such
upgrades with the BP unit.

Question #4:  Wait a few months before actually doing the
firmware and software upgrades. Bound to be some bugs. And some
minor upgrades along the way.

Question #5:  What about the Book Wizard software. Is there an
update for it? Using RFB&D here.

Thanks for creating the ALT+S command within the BP transfer
software.

Petro