[bookport] Re: Firmware 2.1 not preserving settings during battery change

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:55:43 -0500 (CDT)

Just invoke the change battery command. Can't remember what it is offhand, but it's in the manual. It will save your settings for you and you can keep your batteries out for a year with no ill effects.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Brian Buhrow wrote:

        Hello.  I have a bookport Firmware V2.1, where, whenever I change the
batteries, all my settings are lost.  The documentation claims that the
settings should stay in memory for at least 30 seconds, to allow one to
change batteries. However, I'm losing settings after having the batteries
out for about 3-10 seconds.  Is this a known problem for Firmware V2.1, and
has it been fixed since then?  Or, could it be a faulty unit?
        Any notes about others' experience would be great.
-thanks
-Brian