[bookport] Re: Firmware 1.2 won't update on original bookport

  • From: Jacques Bosch <jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 23:12:30 +0200

Hi Pamela.

Awesome! That worked perfectly. The Bookport has been updated and is fully
functional. Much appreciated.

I have a second Book Port also with different problems. When I connect it
to the PC, although Windows plays the hardware connected sound, the BP
Transfer does not detect the device.
Also, when I take the batteries out and put them back in, I can hear the
sound of the circuit firing up, just like with the other Bookport, but the
voice never comes on. I took a chance and tried the firmware update on this
one, but it just says the device is not connected.
Is there anything I can try to defib this one back to life?

Thank you much.

Jacques Bosch

Software Architecture and Development
Digital Refraction
E-Mail: jacques@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx
Cell: +27 824711807 Fax: +27 86 504 4726
LinkedIn Profile

"Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high
intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it
represents the wise choice of many alternatives." - William A. Foster