[bookport] File Transfer

  • From: Mary Ellen Cronin <charmary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookport <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:45:42 -0500

Dear List:

    It's been a week since I have gotten the Bookport, and I seem no further
along than I was on day one.  I am working in a Windows 2000 Professional
environment.  I am using Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Anti Virus.  I
use Jaws version 5.00.62.  I have only been able to get the File Transfer
program to work infrequently.  Most of the time I get the message Bookport
Not Connected.  Here are the steps that I have taken.

    I have uninstalled the software.  Then I reinstalled the software with
the Bookport connected to my computer.  I did this with both Norton Anti
Virus and Norton Personal Firewall disabled.  The results were inconsistent
at best.

    I have tried starting the computer with Bookport connected and accessing
the file transfer utility, but I get the same message "Bookport not
connected."  I have tried starting the computer, disabling both Anti Virus
and the Personal Firewall, but I get the same message "Bookport not
connected."

    Now here's  two interesting items.  If I go into My Computer, I see and
can look at the Bookport drive (F on my system), but the File Transfer
program says, you guessed it, "Bookport not connected."  Also, sometimes
when I remove the device from the computer, it stops working.  I have to
take the batteries out to reset the defaults.

    I am afraid that I have tried so many different combinations of things
that I am not sure from what point to start.  The file transfer program has
only started once when I plugged the machine into the computer.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Also tips on how you connect,
disconnect the machine to the computer will be appreciated.  Thanks for your
help.

Best regards,
Bob Cronin