[bookport] Re: Feature for New Users

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:29:00 -0400

That's not even mentioning the multiple key commands.

>>> lists@xxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:20:21 PM >>>
Gary King writes:

"New users of the BookCourier can press the Help key and then any other
key
to get a description of the key's functions.  I think this feature
would be
very beneficial to new users of the Book Port.

In theory, yes, but the problem here is that the individual keys and
myriad
multiple key combinations do so many different things, depending on:
(1)
whether your in reading, notetaking, or memo recording mode, and (2) in
the
case of reading, the type of file being read and whether the key is
simply
tapped or held down. Bottom line, the book port having more
capabilities,
there is simply more of a learning curve , and the increased
functionality
and complexity of the book port makes it less amenable to this type of
"help
on the fly" feature, as desirable as it would be to have.

John