[bookport] Re: Executive Decision!

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:23:20 -0600

Years ago, I bought a small 4-track cassette recorder from APH.  I also
bought a case for it.  The recorder has long since died, but I still have
the case.  It is just a large pouch.  I keep the BP, memory cards, and
spare batteries in that.  It has a long shoulder strap.  I put it around my
neck, and I'm good to go.  I can listen to the Bookport with it completely
protected.

At 08:02 AM 2/15/2005, you wrote:
>i haven't seen it, but, i wonder if the case that you can get for the
>bookcourier would work.
>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:01:00 -0500, Keith Watson wrote:
> >There ya go. Actually last night I did not give you "The rest of
> >the story".
> >
> >Two of the 3 times that I had it fall off my pants
> >were in a stall in the restroom. I gotta tell you it almost
> >drown, if not for the ear buds around my neck that just happened
> >to jerk it in the right direction it would have. And when it hit
> >the floor guess what happened. The batteries went one way, the
> >battery cover went another and I was really pissed (no pun
> >intended) about having to crawl around on the floor looking for
> >them. As it was the battery cover wound up across the room and
> >thank god a set of eyes came in and I could get assistance. As it
> >was this last fall damaged the case and I now have to see about
> >getting it epoxied or something.
>
> >I am stealing the design and part of the case from a Motorola
> >flip phone case. The belt clip in the case is beautiful and
> >detachable, sort of. It detaches from the clip but there is a
> >little button type thing that slides on and off the belt portion.
> >I hear that Kentucky is horse country. There aught to be quite
> >a few leather shops around that would be willing to make a case
> >of this type for APH. Hell and they could even tack on another 20
> >- 40 bucks per unit, although at 400 bucks a decent method of
> >protecting our investment would be a welcome addition.
> >So now that I have sterilised my hands, my unit and my pride, as
> >well as vented thoroughly I feel much better! Thanks for the ear.
>
> >Keith
>
> >On 09:26 AM, Jacques Bosch wrote:
> >>
> >> With my Roadrunner, I had the problem of it falling off my belt sometimes
> >> when doing
> >> something slightly out of the ordinary, and that was obviously not a good
> >> thing. So I decided I needed a backup plan before it broke. I had a
> old cell
> >> phone pouch that had one of those cords with a pull-back clasp that was
> >> attached to the pouch via a small metal loop. And this again was
> attached to
> >> another little metal plate about 1.5cm by 2cm that was sewn into the
> pouch.
> >> So I pulled it out and epoxied it to the RR right above the belt clip and
> >> attached the back end of the cord to the metal loop, leaving the clasp on
> >> the other end free to attach to one of my belt loops, or straight onto my
> >> pants. My RR has been save
> >> more times than I can remember in the last two years, since when it comes
> >> off my belt, it is caught by the cord. With out that, my RR would have
> been
> >> dead and buried long ago. <grin>
> >>
> >> Hope that is of help to somebody.
> >>
> >> Jacques

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...