[bookport] Re: Executive Decision!

  • From: Keith Watson <Kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:01:00 -0500

There ya go. Actually last night I did not give you "The rest of
the story".

Two of the 3 times that I had it fall off my pants
were in a stall in the restroom. I gotta tell you it almost
drown, if not for the ear buds around my neck that just happened
to jerk it in the right direction it would have. And when it hit
the floor guess what happened. The batteries went one way, the
battery cover went another and I was really pissed (no pun
intended) about having to crawl around on the floor looking for
them. As it was the battery cover wound up across the room and
thank god a set of eyes came in and I could get assistance. As it
was this last fall damaged the case and I now have to see about
getting it epoxied or something.

I am stealing the design and part of the case from a Motorola
flip phone case. The belt clip in the case is beautiful and
detachable, sort of. It detaches from the clip but there is a
little button type thing that slides on and off the belt portion.
I hear that Kentucky is horse country. There aught to be quite
a few leather shops around that would be willing to make a case
of this type for APH. Hell and they could even tack on another 20
- 40 bucks per unit, although at 400 bucks a decent method of
protecting our investment would be a welcome addition.
So now that I have sterilised my hands, my unit and my pride, as
well as vented thoroughly I feel much better! Thanks for the ear.

Keith