[bookport] Equals Signs

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:21:48 -0500

Dave:

I don't know that the problem we're seeing with the equals signs in most
list messages is falling on deaf ears.  I think it's some kind of formatting
thing of the email software, and that the people at APH are not seeing them
as we are.  I've experienced similar things in other situations almost like
this through the years.  For whatever reason, HTML, RTF, and the like are
not quite standardized enough for everyone to pull in the exact same thing.

To the APH workers:  Would you please try all kinds of combinations of
sending to and from perhaps personal email addresses, anything to see if you
can replicate what we're often getting?  Some of the lines end with "=20",
while most do not have the number following the = sign.

Dale