[bookport] Re: Editing filtered text files with NoteTaker?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:45:27 -0400

Peter:

The Notes folder is only for unfiltered regular text files. If you use
Book Port Transfer to send a file to the Notes folder, it is not
filtered. Try resending your original file to the Notes folder with Book
Port Transfer.

Rob Meredith

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/17/05 09:36AM >>>
I used the move function to take a filtered-text file on the Book Port
and
place it in the "Notes" directory, where I thought I would be able to
open
the file and edit it using the NoteTaker.

However, I got a message saying that NoteTaker could not edit the
filtered
file.

Does this mean that the user can't edit text files placed in the
"Notes"
directory unless they are stored there directly via Book Port Transfer
or
via a Card Reader?

Peter