[bookport] Re: Driver for the BookPort

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:58:31 -0700

Thanks Pam,

In my simplistic little mind, the thought process goes as follows...

I understand that the BP can be plugged into a computer and be used as a
mass storage device.
Every device plugged into a computer requires a device driver of some sort.

The minimum requirements for BP may be related to the software that runs on
the pc and not necessarily to the BP as a device itself.
So, it may be possible to have a generic 98 device driver that will
accommodate the BP.

So goes my thought process...

"You're dealing with a different platform issue in 98." I presume is the
issue.

Reed

P.S.
Most older medical doctors I run into are money grubbers who hate spending
their hard earned cash on things like upgrading an old Windows 98 system
(along with telephone dial-up) that still runs their medical billing system
.  When I booted up this pc this morning, I couldn't believe how slow it is.
Oh well, at least I managed to get rid of the old 2400 bod modem.