[bookport] Re: Downloading the OTF file

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:50:27 -0400

No, that is not what we're saying.  With Daisy books, since that's what
the lister was having trouble with---you would only transfer the file
with the "O P F" extension.  A Daisy book has multiple files to it, but
you only transfer the one file to the Book Port, but you must leave all
of the other files that are in the book on your computer.  Otherwise, if
you delete those files, then Book Wizard and Book Port Transfer have
nothing to get the Navigation points from.  That is what the lister had
done incorrectly was to delete the other files in the book, so there was
nothing to transfer.

In the case of other files like MP3 or B R F files, there is only one
file you are dealing with and therefore, only one file to transfer.

If you want to send multiple books at once, if they are located in the
same folder on your PC then you would just select them all and press
Enter or alt s to send them.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> franklin1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/04/06 09:45PM >>>
Pamala I have used either GRF or
MP3 files to my BP
  this far.  Are you saying to transfer the OTF file I must leave all
of the other files created on this particular book until after having
made the transfer?  If so, how could one download more than one file at
a time?

>Matthew:
>
>When transferring a Daisy file from Book Share, you must first unpack
>the book.  Then, once the book is unpacked, you need to transfer the
>file with the "OPF" extension.  If you deleted those two files, prior
>the transfer, then this would explain the error.  Be sure to note,
>however, that even though you are only sending the one file, you must
>have all of the other files on your PC, because the information
>contained in those files is needed in order for the book to be
>transferred properly.
>
>If it happens a second time, then you could have a corrupt file.  If
>Book Share offers the file in another format, then you could try that
>one.
>

>you
>
>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206
>
>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>Evening listers.  I am trying to transfer a bookshare book to my
>bookport
>and keep getting the message "faild to load navigation points"
>something to
>that affect.  I did delete the ,.ncx  and xml files before doing so.
>Was
>not sure if that had something to do with it.  If someone could olook
>into
>this that would be very helpful.  I may investagate this tomorrow but
>wass
>just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Thaniks in
advance
>for
>the help.
>
>Matthew
>
>P.S.  The name of the book is called coming out by dannile steele.  I
>know I
>did not spell that rite but just letting everyone know just incase
any
>one
>is wondering.
>

>"You can lead a heart to love,, but you can't make it fall."
>
>MSN:  matthewdyer483@xxxxxxx
>AIM:  matTdD7.
>
>Yahoo:  md1616
>Visit my live journal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/mdyer1983
>
>--
>10/2/2006

Sandler, my Guide Dog,  gives me independence
Cocoa and Yumm Yumm, the feline cleaning crew, give us love