[bookport] Downloading the Historian in Format 4; (The Solution)

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:40:57 -0400

Kurt Yount wrote:

"I am still mad that I had to pay for it  [the historian]  before I found
out what format it was."

Ah Kurt; I had the exact same problem about two weeks ago. After not being
able to download "the narrows" by Michael Connelly in format 4, I called up
audible tech support to ask them to rescind the purchase, but they told me
what the problem was, so now I'll tell you what the problem is: your
internet temporary files folder is too full to accommodate a "format 4"
download.

Solution; very simple:

1. Open up internet explorer.

2. Hit "alt t" for tools; then "o" for internet options.

3. Tab five times until you hear "delete files"; hit enter.

4. You'll hear a long message, at the end of which you'll be asked: "delete
all off line content?" Hit the space bar to check this.

5. Tab once to okay; hit enter.

6. Close internet explorer.

After doing all this, go to the audible page and redownload the historian.
This time, you'll see that format 4 is available; at least, it should be.

Hope this helps!

John