[bookport] Re: Downloading from NLS to bookPort

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:21:44 -0400

Ann:

I just tried downloading the magazine, and I did, in fact, get the whole =
thing. Try:

When you're pointing to the link, press Enter on the link for the =
magazine, then you'll get the Dialog box, asking if you want to Open, or =
Save that file. If you pick Open, it will queue the file in BP Trans., or =
you can tab down and save it to your PC.=20

It is working. Perhaps, you were just pointing to it, and that may have =
been why you only got the links, rather than the mag.=20

>>> annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/15/04 08:35PM >>>
On the NLS site, Braille magazines, Berkeley wellness letter, September=20
2004 I am trying to download the news letter, but what I am getting is =
the=20
current page with the links to September, august, July, etc.

could a merciful person please give me step by step instructions on how =
to=20
get the targeted document instead of the page.  I did try Spider, but=20
apparently we don't understand each other.

thanks a bunch,

Ann

  At 06:59 PM 9/15/2004, you wrote:
>I know the Book Port will work with cards up to 2 gigs in size, but is =
it=20
>recommend any particular brand? Where do most of you find the best =
pricing?
>Since I know the card which came with the Book Port is a SanDisk, so far =
I=20
>have been looking only at that brand.
>Just as a note, one of my friends recently told me about a 1 gig =
SanDisk=20