[bookport] Re: Downloading books to book folder

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:40:33 -0500

Hi:
You can't create a folder on the Book Port it self.
I will give you the way to do it in Windows explorer.
Note:  You must have the bookport connected at the time of doing this.
1.  Open windows explorer by pressing windows+e.
2.  Move to the book port's drive, which might be called removable disk e,
f, g, h, i, j, k, or l.
3.  Open it by pressing enter.
4.  Press ALT+F to get to the file menu.
5.  Press w to get to the new submenu.
6.  Down arrow until you hear folder.  In most cases, it is the first item,
so you can just press enter.
7.  A dialog will pop up and ask you to type in the folder name.  By
default, it is called new folder.  As long as you haven't pressed anything,
press delete, and everything will be erased.  Next, type your folder name
that you want.  You might type my books, music, podcasts, etc.
8.  Press enter.
9.  Send the files to the Book Port as Sandy has previously instructed you
to do.  If you need instructions on this, let me know.
Does this make sense, and if so, did it work for you?

Chase Crispin
Administrator and moderator of the Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog, and soon to
be website!
Blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com/
 APH training video feed:
http://www.youtube.com/BraillePlus/
Note:  Most RSS readers and Podcatchers don't support this type of feed.
You can try, however, you just might have to open the page in Internet
Explorer and see what happens.
 e-mail:
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx