[bookport] Re: Distorted Audio

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:27:23 -0500

Some of the Audible books are a little distorted, but it isn't that big a
deal.  Since I work with an audio editor... well, a multi-track sequencer,
to be exact, distorted music isn't a problem.

At 11:15 AM 5/17/2005, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have listened to hundreds of audio files on my Book Port and have only
>encountered two or three that were distorted. I therefore have not found
>this to be a significant problem. I wonder if others have had a different
>experience?
>
>Robert Carter
>
>At 11:03 AM 5/17/2005, you wrote:
> >James:
> >
> >This is an excellent question, and one I have been considering. This
> >would add to the time and complexity of the transfer. For example, if
> >one wished to transfer a music file, the program would have to decode
> >the file, normalize, then reencode, degrading the original quality a
> >bit. But, if one were already decoding/encoding, for example, when
> >compressing time and/or pauses, throwing in a little normalization in
> >would only add a little time to the entire send process. So, I am stuck.
> >What do others think?
> >
> >Rob Meredith

> >Hi,
> >
> >Just an idea, but what do you think of the idea of including your
> >normalise
> >routines from the studio recorder applications? Just an idea to
> >consider.
> >
> >Best
> >
> >-James-

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...